Friday, September 12, 2008

Glenelg

My initial plan to walk to the nearby church as a form of exercise didn't work out coz there wasn't an end result unlike walking to some shopping place or park. So in the end, I last min decided to go Glenelg firstly coz I myself haven't been and secondly to check out what's there and see if it's worth to get an accommodation there.



Today seemed quite warm (which later I found out it was 23deg!) and I manage to survive in thin-material long-sleeved osh kosh top, 3/4 denim bottom and sports sandals. The tram ride from the city took abt 30mins. When I reached there, turned and was awed by the beach scene!!! Plus the windy-ness and warm sunshine. What more can one ask for?

Glenelg Beach
Moseley Square

After that went to jalan ard that area to recce what's there. Was pleased to know there's many eating places, many small shops n anchor shops as well. There's a coles, woolworths and butchers n vege/fruits shops too which make grocery shopping convenient. Guess it'll be much more of an experience to stay there than in the city. I'm v happy to get the flavour of Shapes I wanted just now...and it was cheaper than in the city. I seriously think they offer better offers in some suburbs coz tt them when we were in Whyalla, I saw the Shapes was $1.49 but in the city, I bought at $1.99...even strawberries too..bought at $1.75 instead of the usualy $1.95 or $1.99. So I was happy..haha! Dropped by CM to see if any vege or fruits to get. Ended up getting broccoli which I think is in season coz it's much cheaper last wk n today as compared to the other times I bought.

These two pics are taken outside my hse...nice hor? Hahhaa...


Came home n watched “源来是爱”and realised it may be an evangelical film coz of multiple mentions of Jesus. It's a HK film btw. Something v interesting came out during the show too...about the word "義" which consists of "羊" and "我"...without the Lamb of God, there's no me and no justice (义) and another was the cutting of the paper in such a way that with the addition of the cross, the pieces of cut paper turn from "Hell" to "Light" and "死亡" to "永生" with 十 (cross). How meaningful.

No comments: