Thursday, April 30, 2009

bushwalking

Went bushwalking with Germaine and Sarah to Morialta Conservation Park (yes, it's my 3rd time there!). But this time, I (we, rather) tried the 2nd falls route. Purposely chose today coz the forecast is mostly cloudy and tomorrow is a few showers. And considering the past few days have been raining so should be able to see waterfall/s.

Germaine, Sarah and me (got a passer-by to take this pic)

this is the 2nd Falls (so far I've only been to the 1st Falls)


Really like the contrast of the skies as our backdrop!

anyway we took half the hike and walked back...there were some challenging "obstacles" along the way. Think this branch might have fallen due to the strong winds the past few days!
Sarah was so adventurous..she climbed up a rock (about half of my waist height above waist level wearing her havianas slippers) and trying a fruit tt resembled blueberry. The hike was quite fun!

Then after they left for uni, I went to Newton Village (new shopping centre 4 stops away from Morialta). So happy coz I got M&Ms Mintastic (the one in the city didn't have anymore stock - think too many students grabbed them) and marked down Noble Rise bread (YUMS!) n Beerenberg jam (believe it or not, I haven't tried since I came!).
While waiting for the bus home, I thought I should take a pic of the grey skies....to remind me of God's blessing for our hike (compare to the one with blue skies!). Towards the end of our hike, the skies turned gloomy! And then I also noticed the extra sign of "Noise Reduction Zone" at the bus stop sign and took a pic of it.

grey and gloomy skies - but no rain!
Dinner was still my Thai green curry leftover. Oh yes, this morning panfried sausages to have with my bread (coz I thot since I'm alone at home, I can afford the "luxury" of cooking breakfast without disturbing anyone).
Just now while watching "Ghost Whisperer", K called and I ended up opening her mail (to determine which has to be sent up to her) and going through her uni notes in A's cupboard (she used the cupboards in tt room to store stuff) to put aside so her friend maybe can help bring up some for her. Hmm..still no sight of A...haha..anyway, quite looking forward to Sun's SG Students dinner...oh yes, I won ticket to the footy match, tour of the footy club on May 17..will prob go since Germ also got it..at least hv company.
Read that SG has raised the Swine Flu alert from yellow to orange! Seems that healthcare professionals hv to don PPE! Gosh...wonder if I'm lucky or unlucky to be here...well, hope it doesn't cause overreaction! Just reminds me of SARS...still rem we made the TFSC kids write thank-you notes to TTSH staff...

No comments: