Wednesday, May 6, 2009

updates updates

Just realised I haven't updated my blog since last thurs! How fast time flies...and before I know it, I'll be spending quality time with my mum, aunt, uncle and ah ma! Anyway, tmr will mark 1 mth before they come!! Wheeee!

Anyway, I've been busy doing my assignments since the lecturer finally posted the qns last thur or fri..and deadline is extended to 25th May (instead of 15th)..and I actually sent him an email asking him to post the last assignment as scheduled else I can't enjoy my time with my fam..haha!

And so, I went for the SG students dinner on Sunday which was organised by the Aust-S'pore Business Council (don't ask me what organisation this is..I've no idea till I went also). Luckily I went with the PT girls..else I dun think I'll have a gd time...the food was so-so only..was so excited abt the duck but it tasted like the salty duck I had in china. Oh well..poor tj..paid $20 for a plate of stir-fry vegetables coz they didn't really cater for her being vegetarian (they claim some in the banquet were vegetarian but they didn't know she can't take garlic and onion as well! Miscommunication I guess). Went to Sugarbowl (a dessert place across the road tt serves mainly HK desserts n even pulut hitam) and I only had pomelo tea coz I didn't want to pay so much (costs like $5/bowl) and get disappointed! Looking forward to getting the real stuff from SG! haha! Anyway here are the photos..

newly-met friend, Ken (who kindly gave us a lift to our bus stops after our dessert) in white n Sarah's friend in blue.


these are the other ppl who were at the same table as us...a lab med student, some UniSA staff..and the lady in red is Perankan and apparently has her grandma's photo n family tree in SG's Peranakan Museum!

and these are all of us..the PT girls, Sarah's friend
Oh yes, my hsemate finally came home yday...now I quite missed being alone..haha! Oh..and M came by yday..so nice of her..heh..then I went to CM to get fruits..only got apples n red pears..oh..got mandarins..din get persimmons coz nt tt cheap...
And I cooked beef stew as I planned today...it's not bad but I think I put too much onions and no red wine..haha! It'll be my dinner for prob the whole week!

No comments: