Baked scones today...made 2 types..one is the traditional sultana and apricot scones and other was ricotta...just decided to play ard with ingredients. Oh..at last I had a taste of ricotta cheese. This one I bought doesn't have much cheese taste..v light and crumbly texture..no wonder sometimes it's used in cheesecake..prob good for ppl who don't like cheesy taste. Anyway, realised tt making scones is VERY easy!!! Don't even need electric mixer..just ur two hands..haha! And compared to cakes and cookies, it's much healthier! To be honest, I only tried scones ONCE and it was at Mt Dandenongs in Melb..had them with Devonshire Tea..haha..used to think it's super hard and dry (from what I heard) but actually the good ones should be crusty on the outside and soft n fluffy on the inside..
Ricotta SconesAnd coz I had a feedback that someone likes the pastry I made with margarine, I decided to make kind of like a pie and guess what I used? Ricotta of cuz! So made a savoury Ricotta cheese and bacon pie. Turned out quite nice though the ricotta didn't hv much taste despite me adding some salt..haha!
Ricotta cheese and bacon pies
A close-up shot of the pieOh yes, this morning as I read ST online, I was pleasantly surprised to see my pri sch friend featured! Perfect GPA of 4!! MY GOD! No wonder she's from RGS and RJC hor? Seems tt she quit engineering in NUS to take up Diagnostic Radiography..before I grad I did see her in NYP wearing a staff lanyard coz at tt time (according to the papers), she was working as admin staff. She's heading to Syd this July and bonded by Singhealth..quite exciting to see ppl u know in the papers..haha..her parents and teachers must be so proud of her!
I feel like submitting my stats assigment tt's due next Mon..but then a bit no confidence as well but then again, I prob won't be changing my answers already...oh well..the other 2..one is almost refined..should be gg well..hope the last stats assignment will be given to us soon so I can finish before my mum they all come! 3 more weeks!


No comments:
Post a Comment