Sunday, May 10, 2009

baking baking

Today at church was wondering why Ps's wife asked for my mobile no. and when mum is coming over...then on my way out while waiting for Ps to greet at the door, the church chairman came to talk to me and said he heard I'm leaving soon. Then after tt over cuppa also repeated same story to another person..and was introduced to someone I haven't met formally. Then after tt chatted with Pat, who made brown rice salad for Family Fun Day the other time, and she mentioned tt her homegrp talked abt me yday! My god! Seems tt pastor was talking abt approaching ppl n evangelism and then asked how many of them had chatted with me! Gosh! So paiseh...

Anyway after church went to foodland initially to get ricotta cheese that was on offer but saw cottage cheese was cheaper and since I haven't tried, bought to try. Initially I thought it was spoilt coz it smelt sour and had a curdy texture..then went to google and realised it's meant to be like tt. And so coz I have leftover cream, thought maybe can make cheesecake so google to find recipe and adapted it to include chocolate instead of fruits and coz I didn't have scotch finger or plain digestive biscuits nor graham biscuits, I made pie pastry with my remaining flour. And TA-DA! This is the pic before baking...I love designing the swirls..hehe..

Mum, this is for u...or rather ur eyes n imagination..hahaha!


and this is after baking...too bad can't see the chocolate swirls tt well...


And of cuz, with such a big cake for one person, no fun and fattening rite? So, called LT to come and collect on her way home..hahah! Anyway it turned out the cheese filling is quite nice..but the pastry spoil the cheesecake texture...haha! I tried both chilled and heated...biscuit base is still the best for cheesecake..haha! Oh well..lesson learnt...trying to be creative..haha!
Anyway, this poem appeared in today's bulletin...just for Mums!
Mothers are special people
God knew that from the start
That's why He created them in His own image and to them gave the biggest heart.
She's able to heal our hurts with only a kiss and hug
She's able to cook breakfast, lunch, and dinner and is never slow as a slug.
Mothers are special people
God knew they'd always be
He created them to do so much that involves you and me.
She has to be a teacher to teach us what we need to know
She has to be a taxi driver to get us where we need to go.
Mothers are special people
God know His work was complete
When He created someone that could so SOOOOO much on her own two feet.
She is a Christian on Him she depends
She displays the fruit of the Spirit and a helping hand she is willing to lend.
Mothers are special people
God tells me so each day
For is it weren't for Him
I wouldn't be one today.
Oh yes, I blessed my Italian and African (or Nigerian?) neighbours with my cupcakes..oh..no forgetting 2 of my church members and Pastor's wife's mum..heh..had quite a brief but nice chat with both of them. The African couple kept asking why I wanna go back SG! Hahaha..aiyohh..then both neighbours were saying K is blessed to hv me...hah..so kind words rite?
Anyway, the past week of weather made some fungi grow in the garden and after asking my Italian neighbour (she arranges the lawn mowing guy to mow the lawns) what I should do, I pulled them out...took a pic of it...if only they can be eaten!

Still trying to finish up my stats assignment but v unsure...gone on to Critical Thinking task for this week...tak tawu...n hoping to start on my final assignment for critical thinking tmr..hv to come up with a problem then solve it using ALL concepts learnt...50% of my grade..

Last nite was pek chek with v...even Rach says so obvious tt she wants me to do the editing n printing n binding. No way am I gg to do everything. Had enough. Will KINDLY do the editing then throw the rest to her. Dun care already...v sian of it or maybe is her? I sound so un-Christianly..grrr...
On to happier note, I'll be gg Alice Springs early July!! Woo hoo! At last our trip realised..haha..and someone's like over the moon..hahhaa! Even dreamt being in Aust liao!

No comments: