Sunday, May 17, 2009

great day

Had a great surprise when I looked out of the window and sliding door this morning! The grass in the back lawn was full of dew...I can't help but grabbed my camera to snap pics of them. And before I did that, on a closer look at the lawn, I noticed that there was a dandelion!!!! Was overjoyed and was kinda reminded of Sil's photo she took in Yunnan. But then saw some fungi again - have to pull them out tmr! Prob will send pics to K...had a 45-minute chat with her on the phone...hahahaa...ppl here really can cook telephone porridge..ha!



Love this pic!!


And today, coz Germaine and I won tickets (by StudyAdelaide) to the Port Adl Football Club and the footy match between Power and Richmond (by Melb).



Personalised floor tiles...

and fences

Germaine and I with the football...

this is the wall they use for training...cross are their targets

This is their training oval...notice how green the grass is...coz the person said tt ppl do scatter their ashes there!

And they can personalised the scoreboard (here it says "Happy 18th Shelly" coz a girl called Shelly is celebrating her bday here tonight)

the 2004 AFL cup title

and this is our lunch: Chicken Schnitzel with parmagiana sauce (and alfafa) but heng have self-serve salad..it was super filling! (We had a choice of beef/chicken schnitzel with choice of sauce, fish and chips and vegetarian pasta)

and finally we are at AAMI Stadium for the match


at half-time..the two teams discussing strategy


the crowd cheering after the match

The match was ok only coz couldn't see much of the ball and the only screen that captured the action close-up was a little far to see. What was amusing was the sliding of the players coz it was drizzling throughout the match. The players just seems to be like iron men! Lots of clashes, pulls, snatching, glinding on the grass. Seemed like some skating ring..hahah! Anyway, was also preoccupied with the Iraqi crowd we sat amongst....we kinda brought fame to them coz the newspaper photographer (whom the StudyADL person told him of) took some posed shots of them. They were so HIGH n enthusiastic!
Anyway, was so full from lunch tt I just made Pumpkin Sweet Soup.
Oh..and I cooked Beef Stroganoff on wed...here's a glimpse of it..notice how huge the white mushrooms are. I LOVEEEE the fresh mushrooms here! Gonna miss it back home...n look how huge they are! Anyway, ppl here eat their mushrooms fresh (or raw) in their salads...
I'm more or less done with the skeleton with my 3 assignments..just needs to refine it...as for the proj report, v said she'll settle the printing n binding..seems tt she's gg back SG over her break...so all's good I guess..

No comments: