Wednesday, April 22, 2009

adventure day

Went hiking with the PT girls yday to Belair National Park...had wanted to wear berms or 3/4 coz of the weather yet afraid of the bushes..haha! Anyway the bus ride took us about 30-40min from the city and we were greeted by this scenic view from the bus on our way to the Park (and back). The view's much nicer than at Mt Lofty! haha..n I finally saw where Windy Point Cafe tt Jiawei recommended is.

And so coz the bus driver himself was unsure of which bus stop to stop at for the entrance to the National Park, we followed tj's "research" and stopped at stop 25..and so we stopped, saw a resident outside her hse n stopped to ask her. She was so nice and gave us directions..tt's what I love abt ppl here esp the older population..v friendly and can hv small talk with them. Anyway, so we walked in the right direction and took some photos along the way..




I love this a lot coz of the diff coloured leaves n trees!

nice nice!
So anyway, we finally reached the entrance of the Park


We followed a route and soon it was time for lunch! Stopped at the playground area (where there were many kids coz sch's out this week) and had our lunchboxes..majiam excursion huh?


After lunch, it was more phototaking! Saw this dead log and Germaine (in black) wanted to pose with it and the other went along! Oh yes, the girl in grey pushing the log with Li Ting is Li Ting's coursemate..also doing her Masters and is a PT from Japan.

Continued walking towards "Amphitheatre Rock" (coz the planned route was a little too short) and saw this leaning pine of Belair...



And this it the Railway Dam where some guy drowned...snapped this pic coz of the duck wading through towards us!

And again, photo time! We snapped pics at the dam..took turns to take photos coz didn't bring tripod and nowhere to put self-timer.


Came across this plant tt had three colours of the leaves: green, yellow and red...showing the changing of colours!


And we arrived at this Long Gully Picnic Area which was populated by Emus and their "landmines"...no wonder the grass is so green here!



And look at them posing...I think they are serious in pointing out the "landmines"!

After the picnic area was more walking and walking...climbing up steep slopes (sorry, didn't have any photos to show and I can't seem to access the others' photos) and getting lost!

Look at our shag faces
And coz we didn't quite know where we were, we wasted our energy on climbing steep slopes and retraced our steps back to the picnic area and followed a shortcut (supposedly). Coz the shortcut was super steep!! And when we found a log lying across the way, we decided to have our final rest stop...
We were overjoyed to see the main road! It was quite funny coz we thought the gate was locked and we were prepared to climb over then Shino just pushed the gate open..haha..and then we walked to the nearest bus stop (it was ard 2.40pm) and waited for about 1/2hr and realised that we might nt have been where we thought we were. So we walked down to the next bus stop or when we see any bus. By God's grace, I spotted a bus going to the city and hurried flagged it down...then checked the timetable and realised it's the last direct bus (to the city) for the day! Anyway for the record, I've nv hiked so much for a long long time! Expected to have aching muscles and joints today but still ok SO FAR.
Went to CM to get fruits...v happy tt I managed to get cheap n nice fruits..coz it was nearing closing time, the fruits n vege were marked down to $1/kg so I got my huge apples (fuji apples, granny smith and those red apples), huge Packham pears and red pears, a rockmelon (coz Germ bought 2 for $1 and I bought from her), broccoli, brinjal...I think my grocery bag must've been abt 4kg! Wanted to go home to have my leftover tang hoon or herbal soup then changed my mind and joined some of them for dinner...had Korean food and somehow yday's food didn't seem that nice as the 1st 2 times I went.
Came home n started uploading the photos. Wanted to send to the rest then my laptop keep "Not responding" when I open my folders. I'm not sure why and bro also doesn't know why but suggested may be infected with virus!! I hurried scanned my drives...till now still can't delete off the zip folders I created nor access the zip files the girls photos are in..
Then wanted to watch my fave "Lie To Me" at 9.30pm which finally came back after 2 weeks break..hah..then at 9.25pm, A switched on the tv..and she wanted to watch a show on ch 7. ARGHS. I was feeling quite twee then just went to check my email and got K's email asking me to tape the show for her coz they dun show it in AS then I realised tt I could tape it down! Then I felt better.
Anyway this morning when I woke up n went to kitchen, was quite shocked..quite only..there was a bowl with a fork left on the kitchen table with papaya juice in it (she ate papaya last night while watching tv and actually put it on the carpet after finishing but I kept a closed eye n went to sleep), her mug was placed in the sink and the chopping board n knife was all over the dishdrainer (not sure if she washed it or like K & J's habit of putting it there to indicate tt they hv to go into the dishwasher). I seriously have to get used to such habits. Now I'm wondering if I should separate my stuff coz some kitchen stuff belongs to me..I bought it coz I didn't want to use K's. The other day when we both cooked, it was a bit troublesome coz I wanted to use certain kitchen utensils n she already used..and nv know what she used them for. OH well...hv to get used to it..I'll prob use some stuff more consistently.
And I got back my assignment which was due last Mon. Such a fast marker. Wasn't too pleased with my grade (credit) but it was fair coz I did miss out certain points. Sigh..have to do well for the remaining 60%!! A bit worried for my stats assignment..hoping at least credit (65-74%). Had initially thought of gg for a short vacation if the airfares are cheap but not sure if I should do so...haha..after all, studies is most impt now rite??

No comments: