Tuesday, April 28, 2009

simple joys

Feeling quite pleased with myself now...coz I managed to bake a microwavable chocolate cake and had it hand-delivered to K's sis's place just now! Shall talk more in a while. Firstly, let me show you my dinner last night (and probably tonight and 2 other nights). Can't quite tell what it is? It's actually green curry chicken with potatoes, brinjals (aka eggplant) and carrots. I didn't add coconut milk but added semi-skim milk instead. Turn out quite well and it was yummy!! Too bad LT didn't wanna come over..haha!


Then I had already planned to bake a cake for K's sis, M since it's her birthday today. Mentioned to K in the email yday tt I might drop by M's place today and she informed me tt M is having lunch with her friends...so I had to hurry and bring it over else will hv to leave at her doorstep. And coz of my hurriedness, I spent only 10mins walking from my place to her place (she lives abt 1km away from my place). And so it's my first time trying a microwavable cake and within less than 1/2hr, my cake was ready!


It's supposed to have a layer of icing but I didn't wanna buy icing sugar specially so I made my own chocolate syrup/topping and decorated it. Made slits to put the syrup in the cake too (but used cashew nuts to cover up..haha!) and so this was my final product. Felt a sense of achievement..haha!






And coz the recipe called for egg whites, I used the leftover egg yolks, added some sugar and made some french toast sticks! Woo hoo! Remember my mum used to make tt when we were young (err..maybe till we were not so young too). -Simple joys-

Made some gingernut cookies which turned out to be crisps instead coz I think i should've melted the margarine first or maybe has to be butter? haha..but turn out quite nice also except a little too sweet..but should be just nice for the aussie tastebud!
Weather today isn't that bad..max 17deg...hasn't rained YET...hope it doesn't coz I'm planning to go CM to get some fruits n vege later. As for the rest of the week, tmr hv workshop in uni in the afternoon..hv booked accomm for mum they all for june..and I'm still awaiting reply from graduations office! Siansss..

No comments: