Saturday, August 16, 2008

Saturday!

Today's already Saturday...seems like our National day potluck just happened yesterday or a few days ago but it has been a week!

Anyway decided to start working on my 1st assignment which is due last day of Aug since I have time now. The other assignments have to wait till I do my agency visits and feedback sessions starting next week.

Yesterday after completing my part for my grp work, went to Chinatown earlier to go library and look see look see. Borrowed "Malay" book that I prob will bring for my road trip coz it's pocket size..haha..saya hanya berbahasa Melayu sedikit saja. After reading a bit while waiting for the rest for dinner yday realised how broken my Malay was with my pts..hahaa..I used to say sikit for little when it's supposed to be sedikit! hahaha..but coz this book is meant for travellers, it also includes toileteries in Malay n questions on accommodation etc. Somehow after listening to Malay pts talk, i can agar guess what they're trying to say..haha..IF they talk slowly...haha..but some speak v "pure" Malay tt I catch no ball and need translators lor..haha..

Anyway, after tt bought instant yuan yang drink n brahim's sauce. Saw green tea mooncake also!! Will prob buy nearing Mid Autumn Festival if I craving for it or will buy for my landlady to try (if she hasn't). Then found herbs here v ex so prob not gg to cook herbal soup as my mum suggested. Quite happy to see familiar ingredients lah..including red beancurd..they even hv A1 bak kut teh instant noodles but one pack was 80cents. Guess certain things still reasonable after converting...n if really craving then bo bian..haha..

After tt met Rach n friends (total 7 of us) for our korean dinner at Han Kut Kwan...awaiting mao to upload the photos coz she took with her cam...the food was good! I enjoyed the 3 dishes the 4 of us ordered to share and the side dishes too! Happy to eat spicy food again..hahaha! Went for combined OCF mtg after tt. Ended almost 10pm and interactions just went on n on and left ard 11.40pm! Had to wait for transport home (they do car pooling system) n only reached home ard 12mn! Was a bit paiseh but k said it's ok..haha..anyway, yday was on missions. Still hv the urge to go for mission trip or just overseas vol trip. Was reminded of my "assignment" too..will work on it soon coz I really hope it'll happen! Do pray for me abt church hunting too....

Looking forward to my country road trip but not really for the reports after tt..hahaha! Hope I dun fall sick due to lack of sleep coz road trip starts at 8am on tue n ends ard 9+pm on wed and thurs hv to be at Guide Dogs Association (somewhere in the city) at 9am!

Oh yes, before I forget...wanna share with you all an inspiring quote i heard during class on thurs.

"OTs understand the rehabilitation process: the rehab process is a journey - we lead the patient, walk beside him, walk behind him and observe, stand still and let him walk ahead. We're the silent helpers whom patients often not acknowledge but we indeed have made difference in patients' lives"
(Pattison, 2008)

No comments: