Monday, August 4, 2008

pek chek!

Today when I needed to key in my preferences for the site visits for my module, PCP, via SONIA (I have no idea why tt name) I couldn't and realised I've to complete the National Police Clearance. Emailed the Clinical Placement unit person and my program coordinator, desperate trying to find solutions! Went to check if I were to do in SG or someone does on my behalf, I'll hv to provide 10 fingerprints (done here in SA and will cost my AUD$99.50!) and send tog with proof of identity etc. along with application form and bank draft of S$50. If I were to do the police check here, I'll prob have to pay AUD$34.50 (assuming I'm given student concession) and fingerprints are only needed if "aboslute identity checking" is required.

The funny thing was that I clarified with the OT board person if I had to do the police check and she replied saying my registration as OT student is successful and I don't have to worry about other things. Then now, the clinical placement unit person claims that OT board's police check and for placements' are different and that some placement centres don't recognise that! What nonsense??? Then what's the registration for, I wonder! If had I known, I would've got it done in SG before coming.

It didn't help when here I was desperately emailing my program coordinator to clarify (coz I'm not intending to do clinical placement..just PCP implementation) and got no response (instead she replied the clinical placement unit person and cc to me) and gg to her office and she wasn't in. Will probably check with her tomorrow during class. In the meantime, emailed SA police (coz no one ans the call) also to see if I'm able to do it here or have to wait or do in SG.
My only hope now is that I can do it here (even if I've to wait for another 5 months to make myself reside here for 6mths) else I'll feel the pinch of getting my 10 fingerprints done, forms filled n stuff and sent to SG.

Coz of that, I kinda forgot to initial plan to cook stew this morning! Anyway it was raining on and off today..quite lucky that I managed to walk to lib and then to uni without getting drenched. EBP lect was ok except that I dunno why on earth the lecturer highlighted my name in yellow in the groupings! A bit paiseh..maybe it's to differentiate that I'm an intl OT student who completed Dip already. Met up with Lisa, Annabel and Mike for EO proj mtg..was quite good except think we could've skipped a step and come up with main points instead of doing our own over weekend n coming tog only to part with own parts to do. But I must say, my grp seems quite hardworking and enthusiastic too! Should be quite ok working with them. During the mtg, Annabel was a bit distracted by the telly and exclaimed tt the actor was wearing a splint then later asked if I had to do lots of splint in my job. Hahha...think she's v keen to know what working life is like coz she asked similar qns the other day too! Guess it's a good tool to initiate conversations =) Anyway, dropped by Foodland on my way home to get some food and thankfully, I was not caught in the rain.

Came home and hurry cooked my stew..heng vege was soften and had it for dinner...saved some for Kathy too. Haha..lately seem to be cooking for her lor..ha! Yday she "cooked" her Jap friend's homemade gyozas which I thought was restaurant standard! Yums!

Will most prob go ahead with my melb plans but shorten coz family prob coming over Christmas =) YAY!

No comments: