Friday, August 8, 2008

baking/cooking mood

Today I'm in a baking/cooking mood. Was thinking what to cook even in my sleep then went online to find some ideas. Then thankfully Rachel was free to help me choose from the list I came up with and so...end up with Chocolate Truffles! Hahha..

So went foodland to buy stuff for choc truffles and churros (yup, was vv motivated to try them coz the recipe I found seem easy!)..saw pig trotters and bought since I had intention to cook soy sauce chicken tonight...came home n realised that I didn't have chopper so can't chop the trotters to fit my thermal pot (haha...serves me right hor? Do things withhout thinking!) so deboned it instead...ha! How smart am I? Will then cook my garlic shoots with carrot n rice for dinner.
Then after tt made churros..

1st attempt of churros

Having leftover oil and thot since I was deep frying, I decided to use my potato to try potato chips..haha..wah...takes v long to fry till crisp so while frying I was eating..haha..end up finishing them within seconds! Ha!

After tt went on to prepare the chocolate truffles for tmr. Looks and tastes quite good..hhaa..shall roll n dust them tmr morning..just in case doesn't work out well..still will hv time to get something else..hah!

Realised I miss baking quite a lot but not intending to go back to it as often as before coz stuff here quite ex..but I've to admit, here has much more varieties!

Oh ya, was told yday tt ah ma fell down and sprained her ankle..n somemore told Mum not to tell me...tsk..tried calling her today twice but no one ans and later on engaged. Shall try again later in the evening...

Shall go back to my work and enjoy my evening and weekend! Today's Olympics Opening...prob will catch it on tv.

No comments: