Happy 牛 Year!
Happy Australia Day (to all Aussies) too!
Had a great time over reunion dinner at Auntie Ivy & Uncle M's place (she's uncle J's sister)..all along I thought dinner was at auntie LF's place lor! Haha..anyway had no choice but used Valencia Oranges to bai nian. Helped with cutting up fruits for fruit salad and knotting the vege for lo han zhai dish..n I had homemade bak kwa (aka long yoke) tt auntie LF made!! It was vvvv yummy! I'm so tempted to make by myself but trying to figure out the best way so that I don't have to buy more seasonings.
Dinner we had braised roast/stewed duck n pig's trotters (both bought by Uncle M's nephew), beef brisket, roast chicken, lo han zhai, leek with char siew, fruit salad with ice cream and of course, LO HEI! But yusheng was made up of cucumber, ginger, carrot, radish, cabbage, sesame seeds, smoked salmon, crispy noodles and homemade plum sauce. Quite unique but I still miss sg's version..hahaa!
Then today went to the city for the Australia Day parade...it's a much smaller scale than our chingay..and my god..fa lun gong here is quite "strong"...it's not my first time seeing them parade at such state events! Anyway, the terribly scorching sun just made the trip v sian...so only stayed there within 2 hrs of my bus tickets then left. The next few days temp is max 41deg!! ARGHS...I'm quite keen to go n catch "Australia" though since I found out some place far has tix for $7 and I've been wanting to visit the place anyway (the other time dad n bro came, we passed there but didn't see anything besides the beach). So maybe tmr I'll head out then the next 2 days just stay home. Quite tempted to start on my Sydney Opera House puzzle...but means I've to dismantle my 12 Apostles one else no space in my rm floor.
Was abt to type abt Fuji (K's pet bird) being not too good and I'm just told by K tt he's left us. Oh man...I was not very looking forward to seeing a stiffened bird n just had to listen to K n stuff..arghss...anyway, tt's prob why we don't own a pet...too heartbreaking when anything goes wrong.
Well, on to a happier note, I seriously miss the CNY ambience back home...quite glad I'll be home for next Christmas and CNY!! Whee! Currently awaiting for bro's sms so I know when to call ah ma and mama..
No comments:
Post a Comment