Sunday, January 25, 2009

1st Ang Pow

I'm an aunt again! Heard tt jie gave birth to Jayden yesterday morning...not sure what MMS dua gu sent me but think is a pic of the baby..couldn't retrieve it though =( Hope bro sends me via email or something.
Just back from church and got my 1st ang pow!! Not tt I'm excited abt the money but felt v paiseh coz I didn't even bring oranges to 拜年. Had wanted to go tmr...but heng I gave them a box of cookies. Had a few other church members wishing me "gong hei fatt choy" too! Opened the ang pow and realised it's quite a lot of $ (to me lah) which made me even more paiseh! But indeed I feel blessed with these 2 families of my present church members and prev church members. It's really amazing hw our paths crossed esp for Auntie LF n Uncle J..haha..

Was trying to decide what to wear later..currently am in long purple top with denim skirt..dun want to dress too informal yet not too formal...I think I shall go in my white n red dress...one can't go wrong with a dress..haha..too bad I asked dad to bring back my CNY dress liao (didn't occur to me tt I can wear for CNY at tt time..haa!) else no need to fret. But then again, maybe I'm just vain! Hahaha! Quite looking forward to gg Auntie LF's place later n most importantly to help out with dinner prep, just like how I used to help yi or mum for gatherings. (Hmm..wonder if my bro/mum/aunt are laughing and doubting this statement =P)

Last night there was a telecast of the Inaugural Celebration concert but didn't watch all coz it was getting too late. Oh ya...made successful Shepherd's Pie on fri...haha..will be having it all to myself coz K had leftovers...tt's the problem with cooking for one..haha! Cook one day n hv leftovers for the next few days. Good and bad lah...oh well..shall hv to live with it.


Hmm..not sure if I shld go into city for the Aust Day celebrations tmr morning but it's forecast 35deg!!! ARGHS...looks like this week is a VERY HOT week!

No comments: