Wednesday, January 21, 2009

1/4 Shanghainese?

Thank God, the stinging pain has subsided quite a bit...

Anyway I cooked Shanghainese rice cake for dinner last night...I'll prob tell ah ma when I call her and she'll probably be v proud of me..hahaa! But then, it didn't taste as nice as hw ah ma cooked it at my late grandpa's death anniversary. Shall experiment with it again with the remainder. This portion is abt 1/2 packet. I also explained to K abt its origin n how I know how to eat..haha! She tried a little but dun think she likes it tt much! Come to think of it, since my grandpa was a Shanghainese, that makes me 1/4 Shanghainese rite? Kinda miss the flaky and melt-in-your-mouth sweets too!


Shanghainese Rice Cake

And yes, my 1st tomato has ripen...amazing how fast it ripens though it was just left outside..can't really bear to eat it yet...will prob share it with K since she also has cared for the plant (prob more than me also..hehe!)


Anyway yday both of us were discussing abt Fuji (her pet budgerigar)..he has been rather quiet lately and not flying ard much...dunno if it's coz of weather (plus our use of oven creating more heat) or he accidentally sipped some kitchen cleaning aids or he feels lonely...then I realised sometimes she leaves the radio on when she's not at home to "keep him company" and "cheer him up"! Aiyoh..hahah..quite amusing but kinda makes sense. At least this morning he's flying ard n chirping more. Coz yesterday also I noticed..when I was baking, he didn't really "disturb" me as he'll usually do so.

Oh yes, sy was telling me she has to move out of her friend's place by 31st Jan/1st Feb so she'll be coming to see the room earlier..either tmr, or this weekend. Time to pack my room to make it look neater..haha! I think 80% she'll move in..so I'll hv company! But hard to say also coz both of us will be on placement too...and I'm sooo envious of her coz hers is just in the city..abt 30min from my place! Grrr...anyway, hv mtg at LFL ltr in the afternoon. Probably head out earlier for some shopping first. I'm still tempted to get new swimwear but dunno if I shld get 1 pc or 2pc (prob a tankini..NO bikini for me..haha)

No comments: