Thursday, July 31, 2008

workload's building up!

Went to Lib to borrow DVDs and ended up with 3! Haha..then tried logging on to the wireless but to no avail...then headed to sch to find journals and EBP bks. Tried to log on to wireless again...only can access sch website..still can't access internet. Dunno y!!

EO 301 class was quite stressful in the sense, a whole lot of assignments and expectations were meted out. But the good thing is that it's very guided, unlike back in NYP where we were thrown case study and brainstorm by ourselves. Tutorial was at the end of the lecture period n we were divided into smaller groups to complete the tasks. Then my grp seem to prefer to meet to discuss kind. Not sure if that's the practice here..haha..but heng I have lect on Mon anyway so I don't mind meeting. Hopefully it'll go smoothly and end fast..haha! We'll be discussing and also observing staff working in our campus cafe (job analysis kind of task of assignment). With the 3 parts of the scenario, we're supposed to draft a summarise report (as in like formal report) on interventions done. Wow right? Hahaha...think the style of teaching quite different..and they kinda use a lot of PEO which back in NYP, we seldom use..haha! (Shall hv to read up on it to refresh my memory). Trying not to resort to printing too much stuff coz hv quota and printing/photocopy is 9cents/page (single-sided) and 7cents/page (double-sided)!

Anyway assessment of EO 301 are the report of scenario yellow, executive summary and appendices of scenario green and integrated intervention package: splint, treatment program and risk assessment of scenario blue and lastly, an industry visit and reflection upon learning and graduate qualities. Yes, u read it right. Splint again to be assessed and it'll be a dynamic splint I heard (gosh...dun tell me a radial nerve palsy splint again!!). Shld be fun. Seems like this module really will prepare me for my return to work...haha..if I get placed in the outpatient team.

Hope I'm still able to go Canberra during my term break in Sept/Oct for Floriade21 though I'm not very optimistic. Listened to the HK-ers and Vivian discussing when to go back home and come back Adelaide with interest during our class break. Time for me to schedule my 2-mth break (my hols will begin on 24th Nov or earlier if I finish my final project proposal for PCP before 24th and I heard sch starts again in end Jan 09).

For those who are thinking of visiting me, pls let me know when u intend to come ok! Anyone keen to go NZ with me?? Hahaha...

No comments: