And so comes my 2nd week (and 1st week without dad around)...oh ya, forgot to mention..I moved to my long-term accommodation on 12th July...here's a glimpse of it
My bedroom...

my desk and wardrobe
this is Fuji, Kathy's pet bird...
On Thurs, went grocery shopping with Su Yi (my sec sch friend who has been here for a yr already and taking Masters of Nutrition and Dietitics)...bought a bunch of celery, bag of carrots, oranges, avocadoes from Central Market...Anyway, got the fresh celery for AUD$1.50 (S$1.95) and avocadoes 5 for AUD$2 (S$2.60). Chinese vege here is quite ex..like a bunch of taugeh which we get in SG for abt $0.30..here is like AUD$0.70 (S$0.91)! Oh yes!! I saw Jackfruit and frozen durian today! VV ex, of course. Nothing like eating fresh ones in SG. Saw mini dragonfruit also..and squarish-looking mandarin oranges..hahha! Navel oranges (12-in-a-bag for AUD$3 (S$3.90) here are cheap n sweet!On Sat, attended the public forum on Dementia at Flinders Medical Centre this pm..shun bian dropped by at Su Yi's place. Wah...whoever stay there sure won't get fat and will have good heart pump after the years of staying there. Why? Coz of the steep slope that one has to climb from the bus stop and the other slope from attending lectures n stuff at the Medical Centre. Wah...1st time I felt a bit chuan4 after sooo long of walking n climbing I've been through. Anyway, her place like chalet...dunno why so warm also..hmm..then had donut all the way from Sydney! Thanks girl! Haha..then viewed her photos she took in Sydney n Canberra.
Oh yes, special mention to Rachel (my sec sch junior who has been in Adelaide for 3 years)!! This dear friend of mine left a box of goodies with Su Yi coz she wasn't ard to "welcome" me to Adl. There were mostly foodstuff inside including 2 sachets of bak kut teh spices! I was just thinking of asking my parents to pass her to bring over for me lor..haha! Thanks girl!! Love the butterfly Happy House card and piggy notebook she got me too! Will definitely look forward to meeting u agn in Adelaide!The public forum was alright...more interesting towards the end when there're more behavioural techniques shared. Bus ride was quite fast...coz I managed to catch the timing of the buses. I'm vvv proud of myself!! Hahaha...
Went to Edge church on Sunday..seems like FCBC/City Harvest style...but the sermon was very good. After church went to Marion Shopping Centre (Adelaide's largest shopping mall)..while waiting for bus, it was terribly cold! We were playing with "smoke"...and the weather was FREEZING coz it had rained for the whole morning! So happen saw Kungfu Panda having promo there so took some pics...


No comments:
Post a Comment