Didn't sleep well last night. Perhaps a bit anxious about sch today. Took same bus as Kathy and gosh, the journey took longer than expected (luckily I chose to leave earlier - wanted to get my enrolment thing done and make sure I'm in the right venue on time) but I still managed to get to sch before time. So settled myself to this classroom as stated in my timetable then were told to change classrooms and heng Sue (program coordinator) saw me and told me that I'm supposed to go to her class (which was the same classroom I was in originally!). Was introduced without the "a" at the back of my name (which I don't understand why people often call me my name is an "e" though it's clearly written with an "a"). It was quite a big class. Think slightly fewer than the whole of my batch of OT students in nyp?
Then came break time and a fellow Singaporean student (Vivian) introduced herself to me. She just came back from S'pore yday and staying in Chai Chee and she knows Charmaine (Ooi) of my OT course! Hahaha...so qiao..then found out from her tt she's keen to work in ttsh! Cool! My class has 3 other Asians - 2 frm HK and 1 frm China but has been here since young. Vivian was telling me tt she only talks to certain ppl (the asians and a few ang mohs in class) coz the others won't really answer her or just give her one-worded answers? *gosh*
Then we were told there's this country road trip thingy on 19th and 20th Aug (2D1N) whereby we'll travel to the countryside to know about their community services n stuff. Sounds so fun!! Will be signing up for it =) But the bad news I got was that we are supposed to do the needs analysis with our agencies during our 2-week term break in Sept. There goes my chance to go Canberra. Last evening was chatting with Jun on msn and kinda asked her to consider gg Canberra for Floriade21. I was certain about going. I still am though....the needs analysis shouldn't take the whole week...just hopefully my partner won't mind. But then again, I won't know who my partner will be till much later (8th Sept).
Highlight of the 3+hr lecture was the use of Clickr..is like can do an immediate polling thing..cool! Was quite impressed..haha..and then came the poll to hv early dismissal (and have a heavier day next tue) or carry on...and ya, early dismissal was given. And so, I brought my packed lunch home to eat instead! haha! After tt met Vivian's PT friend for a while before we parted ways. Went grocery shopping after tt. (Saw tt the temp was 11deg!! and as I'm typing this, it's raining outside!) Bought a glass bottle (for storing my sugar), ginger (wah..quite ex here..$9/kg), lamb chops, pasta sauce and cotton buds. Cooking lamb chops tonite! Prob will attempt chicken rice tmr since I'm at home.
And so we're given a list of organisations/agencies to visit...and since I'm going on the road trip which accounts for 2 visits, I'll hv to choose another 3. Searching online for all agencies to find out more coz the rest of my class seem to know the organisations though only acronyms of them were given. Managed to find them and will decide soon.
I'm quite looking forward to PCP though the workload will be quite high when the implementation part starts next sem. For this sem, have to submit reports/feedback after each visit, do a needs analysis proposal, a lit review and the final project proposal. Realised that I'll be limited to do a city agency instead of a rural/countryside one coz I'll prob be taking 2 modules on campus (unless I choose to do online ones which doesn't make sense of me coming to Adelaide rite?). Guess it's quite ok except my partner probably hv to compromise a bit to fit my schedule (that's if their placement isn't tt time) coz the rest will be taking their field pract while I'm planning to do 2 modules in place of field pract.
Just read email from my pri sch thread tt Mrs Ong was warded last night and undergone op for her right ankle at CGH! Just smsed her using internet sms to ask how she was and she said she's still in pain esp with the splint (I guess is AFO) and asked if I hv recommendations coz she needs to find someone to take care of her during the day temporarily. Hope she'll do ok...SMSed Elain to see if she happens to see her (which I doubt so). Sad to hear about tt lor...but I'm sure she'll be ok. And coz of tt, Mrs Tay was saying that Mrs Ong may not go for their gathering...I replied to change the venue to Mrs Ong's place! haha...smart right?
Oh yes, checked my bank account and yipee! My pay n bonus are in! Hahaha...will save up the $ for further studies (if I intend to) and travelling..oh..and I realised tt I only hv fri classes from 8th Oct...so now only tue n thurs are my lecture days and some Mon (4th, 11th, 18th Aug, 15th Sept n 3rd Sept). Of coz, I have my online module to complete (finally was able to enrol in it with the override enrolment form)!
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment